Rabeprazol – 20mg
Domperidone – 30mg
(Sustained release pellets)
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Aciraz-DSR tablet contains Rabeprazole and domperidone.
Rabeprazole is an antiulcer drug under the class of proton pump inhibitor. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used for the treatment for excessive gastric acid.
Domperidone is a specific blocker of dopamine receptor. It is used to relieve nausea, vomiting, to increase the transit of food through the stomach.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Domperidone is useful in parkison’s disease
- Domperidone may be used in functional dyspepsia in both adults and children.
- Symptomatic relief of erosive or ulcerative GERD
- Reduces heart burn symptoms
- Day and night term heart burns associated with GERD
- Relief in duodenal ulcer
Mechanism of action
It is an antisecretory drug which is histamine H2 receptor antagonist properties. It suppresses antagonist properties and causes suppression of gastric acid secretion by inhibiting the proton pump in parietal cells. It blocks the final step of acid secretion. It gets protonated and transferred to active ingredient sulfenamide.
It increases the peristaltic stimulation. It facilitates the gastric emptying and decreases the small bowel transit time by increasing the esophageal and gastric peristalsis. The antiemetic property is related to blocking of dopamine activity.
The absolute bioavailability is 52%
About 93.6% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. Rabeprazole follows hepatic metabolism
It is eliminated in urine in its metabolite form.
The drug follows rapid absorption
About 91%-93% of the drug is bound to plasma protein.
About 31-66% of the drug is excreted through urinary and fecal secretion.
- Use in children under the 2yrs of age is contraindicated
- Effect on QT interval
- Not be use in patients with lactose intolerance
- Can pass through breast milk
- Not to be used in patients with hepatic patients
- Patients with severe renal insufficiency
- Co-administration with ketoconazole.