Calcium Citrate Malate – 1250mg
Calcitrol – 0.25 mcg
Zinc – 7.5 mg
Each box contain 10 Blister strips of 10 tablets
Calcical CCZ Tablet is a combination of calcium citrate malate, calcitriol and zinc.
Calcium citrate malate is the water soluble calcium supplement. It is the calcium salt of citric salt of citric acid and malic acid. It is supposed to have high bioavailability.
Calcitriol is a hormonally active metabolite of vitamin D. It increases the calcium in the blood by causing the uptake of calcium from the gut. It also releases the calcium into the blood from bone.
Zinc is a chemical similar to magnesium.
- Preventing calcium deficiency
- Dietary supplement
- Produces minerals contained in bone
- As an antacid is effective for treating indigestion
- Calcitriol promotes absorption
- It also increases renal tubular absorption
- Reduces the loss of calcium from urine
- It mediates its action by acting on calcitriol receptor or vitamin D receptor
Calcium citrate malate
It is the water soluble calcium supplement. It is the calcium salt of citric salt of citric acid and malic acid. It is supposed to have high bioavailability.
It produces its action by regulating the serum levels of calcitriol. The binding proteins are present in mucosa of the intestine. Calcitriol is the most known active form of Vitamin D which stimulates intestinal calcium absorption.
It is rapidly absorbed by the intestine with peak serum concentration achieving in 3-6hrs. The serum levels steady state is reaching in 7days with multiple dose administration.
Nearly about 99.9% of the drug is bound to blood. The drug is transported to the blood by alpha-globulin vitamin D binding protein. It involves two pathways for its metabolism i.e 24-hydroxylase catabolism of calcitriol and the second is conversion of calcitriol by stepwise hydroxylation.
The drug follows biliary excretion and excreted in feces.
Calcium citrate malate
After administration the drug is absorbed by small intestine in presence of bile salt.
Nearly about 99.8% of the drug is bound to plasma protein.
The elimination half life of drug is 19-48hrs.
- Patients with hypercalcemia or evidence of vitamin D toxicity
- Any of the inactive ingredient in the preparation is contraindicated
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient
- Excessive dosage causes hypercalcemia and in some instances hypercalciuria
- Patient should have normal renal function
- Adequate fluid intake
- Avoid non prescription drugs
- Regular analysis of the patients with such prescription.