Cholecalciferol – 60000 IU
Each box contain 20 Sachet of 1 gm
D3XT sachet contains cholecalciferol. It is one of the five forms of vitamin D. It is steroid molecule with one open ring and is also called as secosteroid. It is inactive and converted to active form by two hydroxylations by liver and kidney.
- It is fat soluble vitamin helps body absorbs calcium and phosphorus
- Makes bones strong
- Vitamin D is made by body when body is exposed to sunlight
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Treats low level of calcium and phosphate
- Allows normal bone growth
Mechanism of action
It requires activation by 25-hydroxylation in liver. The enzyme 27-hydroxylase catalyses oxidation of side chain of sterol intermediates. This active form binds to the intracellular receptors and function as transcription factor to cause gene modulation. Vitamin D receptors forms complex with other intracellular receptors. It increases the serum concentration by increasing the absorption. It also causes increase in osteoclastic reabsorption and increases distal renal tubular reabsorption of calcium. It is absorbed through formation of calcium binding protein.
After oral administration readily absorbed by the body
Nearly about 50-80% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. The metabolism of the drug is by liver.
- High level of phosphate in blood
- Occlusion of artery
- Kidney diseases
- Excessive amount of vitamin D in body
- Kidney disease
- Patient with any allergic reactions
- Inactive ingredients can cause reactions
- High calcium or vitamin D levels
- Difficulty absorbing nutrients
- Should be used when clearly needed