Domperidone – 5 mg/5 ml
Each carton contain 30 ml bottle
Domlit suspension contains domperidone. It is a specific blocker of dopamine receptor. It is used to relieve nausea, vomiting, to increase the transit of food through the stomach.
- Domperidone is useful in parkison’s disease
- Domperidone may be used in functional dyspepsia in both adults and children.
- Symptomatic relief of erosive or ulcerative GERD
Mechanism of action
It increases the peristaltic stimulation. It facilitates the gastric emptying and decreases the small bowel transit time by increasing the esophageal and gastric peristalsis. The antiemetic property is related to blocking of dopamine activity.
The drug follows rapid absorption
About 91%-93% of the drug is bound to plasma protein.
About 31-66% of the drug is excreted through urinary and fecal secretion.
- The drug overdose cannot be removed
- Limb splay
- Lateral position
- Absence of ear reflex
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- Atrophic gastritis
- Acute intestinal nephritis
- Long treatment with acid suppressants can cause cyanocobalamin deficiency