Lansoprazole – 30 mg
Each box contain 10 Blister strips of 10 tablets
Lanpraz Cap contains lansoprazole in enteric coated pellet form. It is a proton pump inhibitor and causes the inhibition of gastric acid. It has same pharmacological class as that of omeprazole.
- Ulcers of the stomach
- Gastric complications related to the use of NSAIDs
- Zollingers-Ellison syndrome
Mechanism of action
It belongs to antisecretory class of compounds which suppresses the gastric acid secretion by inhibition of H+K+ – ATPase enzyme system at gastric parietal cell secretory surface. It is gastric acid pump inhibitor. The inhibitory effect of lansoprazole is irrespective of the stimulus.
The absorption of lasoprazole is rapid. The maximum concentration of the drug is about 1.7 hrs. The oral bioavailability is about 80%
The protein binding of the drug is about 97%. The drug metabolism is through liver. It transferred into two active metabolites which causes inhibition of acid secretion.
The drug is excreted in unchanged form in urine. The drug is also excreted in feces.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- In combination use with antibacterial
- Acute intestinal nephritis
- Long treatment cause effect on cyanocobalamin
- Clostridium difficile associate diarrhea
- Itopride not to be used in pregnant patients.
- Not to be used in lactating patients, can pass through breast milk
- Safety has not established in pediatric patients
- In safe in elderly in patients because of physiological hypofunction