- Allopurinol 100 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Urid tablet contains allopurinol. It is a drug which is used to treat excess of uric acid present in the blood. It is a xanthine oxidase inhibitor which is generally administered orally.
- Prevention of hyperuricaemia associated w/ chemotherapy treatment or enzyme disorders
- Tumor lysis syndrome
- Thiopurine cotherapy
- Poor kidney functions
- Decreases blood pressure
Mechanism of action
After oral administration the drug is about 90% absorbed from the GI tract with peak plasma concentration achieving in 1-2hrs.
After oral administration the drug is not bound to plasma protein and enters breast milk. For metabolism the drug is converted oxipurinol.
The drug is excreted through urine and feces. The elimination half life of the
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- Acute attack of gout
- Adequate fluid intake should be taken
- Prophylactically with an anti-inflammatory or colchicine for at least 1 month
- Withdraw the use of drug if certain skin reactions appears
- Hepatic and renal impairment.