Rabeprozole – 20 mg
Itopride – 150 mg
(Sustained release pellets)
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Aciraz-IT Capsule contains rabeprazole and itopride in pellets form.
Rabeprazole is an antiulcer drug under the class of proton pump inhibitor. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used for the treatment for excessive gastric acid.
Itopride is a prokinetic derivative of benzamide. They cause inhibition of dopamine and have gastrokinetic effect. It is different from metoclopramide or domperidone. It is mainly used for the treatment of gastrointestinal conditions and dyspepsia.
- Symptomatic relief of erosive or ulcerative GERD
- Reduces heart burn symptoms
- Day and night term heart burns associated with GERD
- Relief in duodenal ulcer
- Combination with antibiotic is a drug regimen for the treatment of infections associated with H.pylori
- Treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Treatment of GERD in adults and patients at age of 1 to 11yrs
- Heart burn
- Delayed gastric emptying
- Nausea or vomiting
- Other possible conditions related to gastric, prolactin, dopamine related conditions.
It is an antisecretory drug which is histamine H2 receptor antagonist properties. It suppresses antagonist properties and causes suppression of gastric acid secretion by inhibiting the proton pump in parietal cells. It blocks the final step of acid secretion. It gets protonated and transferred to active ingredient sulfenamide.
It is having anticholinesterase activity and also possesses dopamine D2receptor antagonist activity. It hydrolysis the released of Ach and inactivates it and it inhibits the gastric motility. Dopamine present in GI tract can cause inhibitory effects on gastric motility. But due to the effect of Itopride, it produces the antagonism effect and removes the inhibitory effect and causes the acceleration of gastric emptying and improves the gastric duodenal coordination.
The absolute bioavailability is 52%
About 93.6% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. Rabeprazole follows hepatic metabolism
It is eliminated in urine in its metabolite form.
After oral administration it is well absorbed in the body with the peak concentration achieving in 35mins after administration of the drug.
It is well distributed in the body with the metabolism of the drug in liver. The metabolism is by N-oxidation to inactive metabolites by the enzyme
flavin-containing monooxygenase (FMO).
It is excreted through kidney in unchanged form.
- Hypersensitivity to rabeprazole which include
- Anaphylaxis, prophylaxis
- Shock, angioedema, bronchospasm
- Combinations with antibacterial drug
- Itopride not to be used in patients with increased gastric motility.
- In hypersensitive patients with Itopride
- Acute intestinal nephritis
- Long treatment cause effect on cyanocobalamin
- Clostridium difficile associate diarrhea
- Itopride not to be used in pregnant patients.
- Not to be used in lactating patients, can pass through breast milk
- Safety has not established in pediatric patients
- In safe in elderly in patients because of physiological hypofunction