Clobetasol Propionate – 0.05% w/w
Salicylic Acid – 3.00% w/w
Urea – 10.00% w/w
Lactic Acid – 3.00% w/w
Sodium Lactate – 2.00%w/w
30 gm tube
Diprocort-MF 30mg contains Clobetasol propionate, Salicylic acid, Urea, Lactic acid, Sodium lactate.
Clobetasol propionate is a corticosteroid of glucocorticoid class. It is used for the management of skin related disorders which includes eczema or psoriasis. It is the most potent glucocorticoid.
Salicylic acid is a type of phenolic acid and a betahydroxy acid.
Lactic acid is a chemical compound which plays a role in various biochemical processes. It is generally used in fluid resuscitation after blood loss due to trauma, surgery or burn injury.
It is the sodium salt of lactic acid which is produced by the fermentation of sugar source like corn or beets.
- Super potency corticosteroid
- Pruritic manifestation of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses
- Reduces itching
- Skin conditions including swelling
- Decreases the immune response
- Reduces redness
It produces inflammatory action by acting on induction of phospholipase A2 inhibitory protein which is called as lipocortins. These proteins produce control over biosynthesis of mediators of inflammation i.e PGs and leukotrienes. This causes inhibition of arachidonic acid. Clobetasol binds to glucocorticoid receptor which complexes, enters the nucleus of cell and modifies genetic transcription.
After topical application it is well absorbed by the skin. The absorption of the drug depends on the vehicle used in formulation of ointment.
It is well distributed and metabolized by the liver.
The excretion of the drug is through kidney; its metabolites are also excreted in bile.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in the preparations
- Can produce reversible HPA axis suppression so regularly evaluated
- Glucocorticosteroid insufficiency after withdrawal from treatment
- Glucosuria in some patients
- Systemic toxicity in pediatric patients
- Local application can cause irritation, so patient should discontinue
- Skin infections