- Streptococcus Facellis – 30 million
- Clostridium Butyricum – 2 million
- Bacillus Mesentricus – 1 million
- Lactic Acid Bacillus – 50 million
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 tablets
Ecosyn capsule is a combination of Streptococcus faecalis, Clostridium butyricum, Bacillus mesentricus and Lactic acid bacillus. This combination comes under pre and probiotics.
Prebiotics are chemicals that induce growth or activity of commensally (one organism benefits from other without affecting it) micro-organisms which contribute effective result for the host.
Prebiotics as the name suggests pre means before that means helpful for the generation of the bacteria or organism which are in turn beneficial for the gut and makes it healthy.
Probiotic are the live bacteria which are required for good health and vitality. The word probiotic actually means pro+bios means ‘’for life’’.
These are the micro-organisms which provide health benefits when consumed.
- Supports and improves healthy immune system
- Promotes overall health
- Improves gastrointestinal function
- Replenishes good bacteria
- Healthy gut
Mechanism of action
It works by producing direct or indirect effects on gut microbiota and environment of the host. They produce greater impact on the upper GIT the site where lower micro-organisms are found. The pre and probiotics produces similar kind of action. They causes there action by two modes:
- By producing impact on metabolites/enzymes on the GI tract of host
- By interaction with host cells and immune system
It is orally administered and well distributed in the body. The absorption analysis was made in pediatric patients as the concentration maximum of amoxicillin is 15.7±7.7 and for clavulanic acid it is 1.77±0.9.
Both the component of avox does not bind highly with protein. About 25% of the amoxicillin is bound to human serum. 18% of the clavulanic acid is bound to serum.
The drug is excreted in unchanged form in urine, about 50-70% of amoxicillin and 25-40% of clavulanic acid.
- Critically ill patients may report bacteraemia, endocarditis and meningitis
- Short bowel syndrome due to gut integriety
- Hypersensitivity to lactose or milk
- Contraindicated in patients with yeast allergy of S.boulardii
- Strains of lactobacillus can cause severe reactions to immunocompromised
- Lactobacillus preparation not to be used in patients with hypersensitivity to lactose or milk
- Patients with central venous catherters