Fluconazole 150 mg
Each box contain 20 Blister strip of 1 tablet
Fluconazole (Flucide) is the new class of antifungal agent with synthetic triazole. It is chemically caused as 2, 4-difluoro-α, α1-bis(1H-1,2,4-triazole-1-ylmethyl) benzyl alcohol. The drug is white in color and soluble in water and saline. Flucide contain 150mg of fluconazole.
- In various fungal infections
- Vaginal yeast infections due to Candida
- Candida urinary tract infections
- Peritonitis and systemic candida infections
- Cryptoccocal meningitis
Mechanism of action
Fluconazole produces similar action as imidazole and triazole-class of anti-fungal. It inhibits fungal cytochrome P450 enzyme 14α-demethylase. Fungal demethylase activity is more sensitive to fluconazole than mammalian demethylase activity. Inhibition of fungal CYP 450 stops the conversion of lanosterol to ergosterol which is the important component of fungal cytoplasmic membrane. Fluconazole produces fungistatic action. The action of fluconazole can CIDAL to certain organism according to dose administration.
After oral administration it is well distributed in the body. The pharmacokinetic profile of fluconazole distinguishes it from anti-fungal agent as the bioavailability of the drug is more than 90%. The plasma protein binding of the drug is 12%.
The volume of distribution of the drug is throughout the body fluids. The peak concentration attains according to dose. The drug is metabolically stable.
It is excreted as metabolite. The route of elimination is renal. 11% of the drug is excreted through kidney.
- Over dose causes hallucination and paranoid behavior.
- The maximum drug is excreted through urine, so three hour hemodialysis causes decrease in the plasma level of the drug by 50%
- Allergic patients
- Administration of other drugs may cause certain types of health problems
- The inactive ingredients present in the drug causes allergic reaction or problems associated with it
- Patient with the history of hepatic or renal dysfunction
- It also produces certain effect to rhythm of heart (QT prolongation)
- Due to fast/irregular heart beat severe dizziness and even fainting can occur
- Do not do activities which involves high attention
- Do not use alcohol beverages
- Geriatric patient are more sensitive to drug reactions
- During pregnancy it can harm the unborn baby
- Also cross into breast milk and can harm the baby.