Diclofenac potassium – 50 mg
Paracetamol – 350 mg
Each box contain 10 Blister strips of 15 tablets
Movogesic tablet is a combination of paracetamol and diclofenac potassium.
It is a pain reliever and antipyretic properties. It is mainly used for headache and other minor pains.
It is a NSAID mainly causes reduction in inflammation and also produces analgesic effect by reducing pain.
- Blocks COX which causes relief in swelling and inflammation
- Mild to moderate pain
- Signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Paracetamol is a weak inhibitor for prostaglandin synthesis. It decreases the PG concentration but does not produce action against inflammation in arthritis.
It follows same mechanism as that of NSAIDs; it causes the inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis
It is rapidly absorbed from the GI tract with the volume of distribution about 50L.
It is metabolized in liver into its toxic and non-toxic products.
About 85-90% of the drug is excreted in urine.
After oral administration the drug is about 100% absorbed in the body
The apparent volume of distribution is 1.3 L/kg. The drug is 99% protein bound. The drug is metabolized to five metabolites and further undergoes glucuronidation and sulfation.
Approximately 65% of the dose is excreted in the urine and approximately 35% in the bile as conjugates.
- Severe hepatic impairment
- Hypersensitivity to acetaminophen
- Patients with malnutrition and renal impairment
- Drug should not be administered to the patients who experience asthma or allergic type reactions
- Can cause anemia some patients
- Patients with pre-existing asthma
- Patients with renal and hepatic impairment
- Regular analysis of the different parameters should be analyzed