Omeprazole – 20 mg
Each box contain 10 Alu-Alu Strips of 10 tablet
Razom capsules contain Omeprazole. It is a proton pump inhibitor. It is available as over the counter drug. It is mainly used for the treatment of dyspepsia, peptic ulcer or GERD.
- Short term treatment duodenal ulcer
- Treatment of patients with H. pylori infection
- In combination with clarithromycin can be used for the treatment for eradication of H. pylori
- Short term treatment for benign gastric ulcer
- GERD and symptoms associated with it
- Erosive esophagitis
- Hypersecretory conditions (Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome)
Mechanism of action
It is a proton pump inhibitor that suppresses the secretion of gastric acid by inhibiting H+/K+ – ATPase enzymes. It has short plasma half life. It blocks the final step in acid production and thus causes reduction in gastric acidity.
It follows rapid absorption with plasma concentration of 0.5 to 3.5 hrs.
The protein binding of the drug is 95% and the drug is metabolized by the enzyme cytochrome P450 (CYP)
The drug is excreted in unchanged form in urine
- Hypersensitivity to substituted benzimidazoles.
- In combination use with antibacterial
- Acute intestinal nephritis
- Long treatment cause effect on cyanocobalamin
- Clostridium difficile associate diarrhea
- Concomitant use of clopidogrel with omeprazole reduces its pharmacological activity
- Drugs which induce CYP2C19 or CYP3A4 like rifampin can reduce the effect of omeprazole.