Sucralfate – 1 gm
Each Carton contain 200 ml bottle
Ulcrate 200 suspension contains sucralfate. It is a cytoprotective agent in oral dosage form. It is used for the treatment of duodenal ulcers. It is sucrose sulfate-aluminium complex which binds to the mucosa, thus creating a physical barrier which protects the mucosa from acid.
- Short term treatment for duodenal ulcer
- Maintenance therapy for duodenal ulcer patient
Mechanism of action
It protects the gastro-intestinal lining of the stomach from peptic acid, pepsin and bile salts by binding with the exudates and forming a viscous layer. This viscous layer is protective the GI tract lining from acid.
The absorption of the drug is less than 5% after oral administration
After oral administration the drug acts on site of ulcer. The onset of action is 2hrs. The duration of action of the drug is 6hrs.
The drug is mainly excreted in urine
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- Use of drug in special population i.e pregnant or pediatric patients
- Treatment is not considered for post healing of duodenal ulceration.
- Aluminium hydroxide is absorbed in the GI tract so can increase the concentration of the drug in body after administration of other dose of antacid.
- Cautiously in patient with renal impairment